1. Open Your MouthIf you want to connect, you have to talk! Open your mouth everywhere you go. The best way to find connections with people is by talking. I have this talent of being able to hear the deepest life story from almost anyone I meet. All it takes is: Be genuine, be interested, be a listener and ask questions. Open your mouth when you are waiting in line at the grocery store, ordering at a restaurant or hanging with other moms at the park.
2. Let them DecideGet people in front of your message and let them decide. Your job is not to decide who will or won’t join your team or buy your product. You can assume someone can’t afford or won’t commit, but you’ll be surprised at who your people are if you give them the choice. Your job is to share the opportunity you offer, and let them decide. Give everyone a chance and a choice. If you truly love what you do, you’ll want to give everyone a chance to do it too. I want everyone I love and care about to have the opportunity, chance and choice. And this is why my team is filled with my family and best friends.
3. Get to Know People FIRST!People are hungry to connect. We all know that person that adds us on Facebook and starts shoving their “opportunities” into our DMs. It’s how MLM gets a bad name sometimes. Its NOT successful, and it’s not authentic. Bleh. The worst. I ONLY want people to join me as a business partner in my make up business if they want to join me. I ONLY want people to book a session or buy make up, if they want it. Seems obvious, but somehow its not.
- Go on cookie or ice cream dates
- Connect on social media
- Send text messages
- Talk through voice messages on text or FB messenger
- Video Chat with Marco Polo!
- Go to Events! Create Events!
4. Make Connections Every Single DayTalk to five NEW people every single day. In person, online, at the store, at your kid’s school, on the airplane. But remember, five friends does NOT equal five customers or five new partners!!! Make true connections first. Maybe they’ll never need new make up, but they might know someone that does. Maybe they aren’t looking to run a business from home, but maybe they know someone that needs a better job. Make Lists of Everyone you Know:
- Hot: Who would you call in an emergency?
- Warm: You kinda know them
- Cold: You don’t know them yet
- Chicken List: You’re too scared to contact them
- Dirt List: They would buy dirt from you if you were selling it
- Who do you know that…. ???
5. Be Yourself in All Parts of Your BusinessBe yourself and you will attract others that jive with you. What are your passions? What is your why? Live your life outloud! Sometimes I over share on social media and sometimes I get pretty personal. This is not because I love to tell everyone every detail of my life. I share so many personal aspects of my life because it creates connections. Whether it’s about traveling, momma love, make up hacks, photography tips, favorite things to do, watch, read, business advice or other BTS life posts, it’s starting conversation and growing online friendships. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Each personal posts attracts our ideal customers and this is why my customers and business partners turn into friends. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ The more you put out there, the better fit you’ll attract. Some people will unfollow, but it’s better to know now they weren’t a good fit.
How to Connect with People the RIGHT Way in MLM | PIN for Later#MaskcaraTwinsandCo
photographer / owner
I’m a mom boss building businesses and community from the comfiest spot on my bed. I am a photographer, an educator, a mom blogger and community builder. I shoot weddings and families, lead an incredible team of photographers and employees, share my love for Maskcara make up, help other entrepreneurs create thriving businesses and most importantly, take my kids on adventures.