“I’m feeling unmotivated.”
“I’m feeling discouraged.”
“I’m doing the same old thing and I’m bored of it.”
We’ve all been there before, and It’s okay to be there. It’s okay to be in a rut. I have been in business for ten years and I find myself in a rut almost every month!
A lot of us here are women, and us women tend to put all of our emotion and energy into what we do. We feel that, maybe because we quit our jobs to focus on our business or told everyone we have a big project on the way or have our husbands and family working so hard to support our dreams that we have to keep going and cannot stop. Even when we’ve lost our spark.
We let the expectations of others, and ourselves, drive us further down an unmotivated hole.
It’s not normal to feel super motivated, high energy 100% of the time. Let’s normalize that. We have ups and downs, ebbs and flows, and we can plan our work around those ebbs and flows.
Everyone goes through phases of un-motivation. The key is to not stay there.
If you’ve been feeling unmotivated in your business, here are a few things you can do to get unstuck, get out of your rut, find your spark, get your energy back and get excited to run your business.
- Figure out what is holding you back and let it go.
- Journal it out. Black journal. Brain dump.
- Do you still love what you do?
- Are you doing something because you should or because you want to?
- Is there something else you want to be doing instead?
- Change it up. Add new things that excite you again.
- MOVE. You can’t stay stagnant.
- Is there a new product or service you could launch?
- Is there new equipment that you could experiment with?
- Hire someone to help with the tasks you don’t want to do.
- Associate Team
- Get help at home with housework
- Go on a trip with just yourself.
- Get a hotel for a night
- Treat yourself to a spa day.
- Go somewhere you can just think, feel and breathe.
Hi, I’m Kylee and I’m a business coach for women! I specialize in helping women make money while still balancing their families. Learn more about my courses and coaching options at http://kyleeann.com/education
FIND US HERE:
Get the show notes to your inbox: bit.ly/KMMpodcast
Kylee started Kylee Ann Photography 9 years ago, and has since grown from a one woman amateur show to a full associate team. We shoot 50-75 weddings a year, and thrive on kindness and service. After a year of teaching Intro to Photography at the local technical college, she discovered that helping other entrepreneurs create thriving businesses is what fires her up! She hosts semi-annual Kylee Ann Sleepovers all over the US, speak at conferences and teach online courses about running a small business and marketing.
February 8, 2021