Ogden Wedding Cakes
Eeeeek! It is that time, when you get to start checking out Ogden Wedding Cake Vendors! When you are choosing your baker there are 2 things you need to keep in mind:
- How Experienced Are They? – This is going to determine a lot. Creating a wedding cake is NOTHING like throwing a Betty Crocker cake mix in the oven. There are special tools, frostings, techniques, and a bajillion other things Wedding Cake bakers need to know. If you’re baker is not experienced, you will want to find someone else who is. It is so easy to mess up if you don’t know what you are doing. Make sure you see a gallery of their past cakes and that at least a few of those match up with the style of cake YOU are wanting. EXPERIENCE IS EVERYTHING.
- Pricing. – Of course, you have a wedding budget and price is going to matter. But is there a way to make your cake seem grand & gorgeous without that bajillion dollar price tag? YES. Scroll down to the bottom of this post for my FOUR ways to save on CAKE! Or just head over to my Budget Saving Hacks blog post for those FOUR cake budget tips as well as little money saving secrets on all other parts of your wedding.
Now that you know what you are looking for, here are my TOP TWO recommendations for Ogden Wedding Cakes!
I. Love. Keli. Like, I am pretty sure we are soul sisters! Keli Totten runs The Sweetest Things Cake Shoppe, and she does an INCREDIBLE job! She has been in the business for 13 years, and each Kylee Ann Bride that has worked with her just RAVES about how much they love her & her cakes. Not only is she one of the best people you will ever meet, she is also one of the most talented bakers. But don’t just take my word for it, head to her website and look at her gallery! Be ready for lots of google eyes😍
She runs The Sweetest Things Cake Shoppe out of her own home right here in Ogden, Utah. Convenient location! I love scrolling though her Instagram @sweetest_things_cake_shoppe – she recently made little Unicorn cupcakes and a crepe cake. Both of which I have now been CRAVING. Love Keli. And LOVE her cakes!
This little bakery is run by Maureen Steel. Such a sweet person and an amazingly talented creative who has been in the wedding cake business for over 20 years! I like to scroll through her Instagram – @mysweetcakes – in my spare time just because I love her work THAT much. She made this dreamy cake pictured below for my Kylee Ann Bride, Ashlyn. If you haven’t seen Ashlyn’s Wedding, it a MUST. Because she picked amazing vendors, like My Sweet Cakes.
She is located in Syracuse, Utah which is about a 20 min drive south. Not to worry though, she is more than happy to drive up and bring your dream cake right to you! And Maureen is someone you will be glad to share your special day with. Love her! The only drawback I have with My Sweet Cakes is their website. Very difficult to use & not well put together. So as long as you stick to her Instagram, Maureen’s experience and talent is hard to beat!
One of the yummiest parts of the reception… CAKE! There are SO many ways to save money with this sweet treat.
BUDGET SAVING HACKS:
- After all of the partying is over, most brides are left with more cake than anyone could ever possibly eat! To still make your cake look grand and luxurious without purchasing 100 extra pieces of cake, go for a great stand. Most cake vendors have these for rent or as part of your package! The taller platters really give cakes that extra nudge to look amazing.
- Another fun way to save, instead of just one large cake, have a mini cake for cutting and pictures then add other, less expensive treats for the guests. Some of my Kylee Ann Brides have chosen to do donuts, cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, or even Costco cheesecakes! Fun, elegant, you can have it your way. And for those brides who don’t LOVE cake this is a great alternative.
- Don’t add a cake topper. These can range anywhere from $20-$50 (or more) and actually just makes everything seem more busy. The simple and clean look so much better in person as well as photographs.
- My last tip. There is a tradition to eat the top of your cake on your anniversary. I admit, I was SO excited to do this! So let me just say, this will be the grossest and most expensive cake you will ever eat. When a cake sits in a freezer for an entire year it gets freezer burned, loses its taste, and frankly is a little soggy. Skip the extra wedding cake. Go for a Chili’s Chocolate Molten Lava for your anniversary.
May 25, 2017