Prompts for Adorable Candid Family Photos
Getting lovely posed photos is important for documenting families and their adorable faces, but having fun and interacting together is important too! Have you seen the viral reels that show people smiling in the picture and people smiling for the picture?
Smiling IN the photo is definitely the type of emotion we love to capture once the family has warmed up and is ready to play
Directing candid photos can be tricky when there is so much that goes into a photo like this. You do not want anyone to be blocked, you still want flattering positions of your clients and you want to see the happy emotions in their faces!
Here are some fun prompts to capture families interacting together!
1. Twirl your child like you are dancing with them then pull them in for a hug and sway side to side while nuzzling in to the Child’s face
- Crouch down by your child and put your hand on their cheek while giving them a kiss on the nose or rubbing your nose against theirs.
- Play London bridges. Take turns with the kids being the bridge and the parents being the bridge
- Do ring around the Rosies
- Hold hands and play “train”. Look back and smile at your family members. Take turns being the leader and caboose
- Run towards the camera together
- Toss your kiddos up in the air and then bring them in for a kiss and snuggle
- Bounce the kids on your shoulders or back
- Play steam roller if the kids are up for that!
I hope you enjoy these fun prompts for your next family photos!!
November 3, 2023