What is the difference between lifestyle, flat lay and product pictures?
It’s important for brands to use both product and lifestyle images in their marketing. Each type of photography has a different purpose. Let me explain and show you examples of each type with Cash and Co’s last shoot!
Product Photography is great for:
- focusing on the color and features of the product
- clean and cohesive shop images
- selling on amazon Amazon
Flat lay photography is great for:
- new products
- instagram stories
- social media posts
- announcing sales
- email marketing
- sets and new pairings
- shop images
Lifestyle photography is great for:
- showing the fit or use of the product
- showing how multiple pieces fit together
- creating emotional images to market to your target market
- creating an interesting and engaging social media feed and website
Cash and Co | shop here
Kylee started Kylee Ann Photography 9 years ago, and has since grown from a one woman amateur show to a full associate team. We shoot 50-75 weddings a year, and thrive on kindness and service. After a year of teaching Intro to Photography at the local technical college, she discovered that helping other entrepreneurs create thriving businesses is what fires her up! She hosts semi-annual Kylee Ann Sleepovers all over the US, speak at conferences and teach online courses about running a small business and marketing.
April 1, 2020